October proved to be much easier than September was…
Get Ax back in shape.– I am officially crossing this one off! Ax is back to looking like the horse he was before the summer. Obviously it is something to continue working on, but I feel like I can take it off my list. Now to KEEP him this way.
- Get myself back in shape.
Ride at least three days a week.– I kind of set this goal knowing I would meet it, but sometimes the little things need to be recognized. Wash my saddle pads.– Mission accomplished. Body clip Ax.– Wahoo! I am super excited about crossing this one off. I am a clip-aholic, so I jumped right on this one and did it at the beginning of the month. Ax is now happily naked! Get rid of Ax’s thrush.– Man-oh-man am I glad this stuff is GONE. Thankfully it was relatively easy to get rid of and only took a few days (thanks to my boyfriend who went up to the barn to take care of it on those busy days). No more purple thrush buster for me! *knocks on wood* Let go.Still let go. – This one definitely needs to be crossed off and then rewritten. I have managed to let go a lot more since I made these goals (I even have photo proof!), but I still need work. Especially since the broken finger situation has temporarily put a halt to my over fences schooling. Start taking my stirrups away for bits at a time.No Stirrup November is upon us and I am so NOT ready for it. I did take my stirrups away every now and then while riding, but probably not as much as I should have.
- Push myself and overcome my fears. Because this one STILL isn’t going away anytime soon.
- Get myself back in shape. – Yup, this is staying…again.
- Push myself and overcome my fears. – Because this one STILL isn’t going away anytime soon.
- No Stirrup November. – I am going to TRY (key word is try) to participate without my legs falling off or hurting my horse’s back. I have a few opinions about the whole NSN fad, but that is for another blog post…(hint hint).
- Keep Ax in shape. – Now that Ax is looking like a stud muffin again, the next step is to maintain it. That means I need to keep riding even though it is arctic outside.
Even though I only gave myself four things to accomplish this month, I am pretty sure it is going to be the hardest month so far. Bring it on November