Honestly, I did awful in February. I got really busy and things got in the way. Hopefully March will be more successful…even though we are already halfway through…
- Keep working on those “expressive” lead changes. – Did I work on them? Yes. But are they where I want them to be yet? No.
Clean/condition my tack after almost every ride.– I actually did this, surprisingly. Wash my saddle pads.– Done and dirty again already.
- Add more no stirrup work to my riding. – Like most of the other things on this list, I did work on it but not enough. This applies to the next two.
- Work those poles!
- Get out of my comfort zone and let go.
- Keep working on those “expressive” lead changes without overdoing it. – Ax gets anticipatory when we do too many changes, so we need to switch it up a bit by asking in different places and through figures.
- Add more no stirrup work to my riding. – Because there is never enough.
- Work those poles! – Oh la la. But seriously, it is about time Mr. TripsALot figures out where his feet go.
- Get out of my comfort zone and let go. – The “grab for my life” thing has come back and the ponies definitely don’t like it. Two steps forward, one step back.
- Qualify for Regional Finals over fences. – Honestly, this one isn’t very realistic and it won’t break my heart if it doesn’t happen. I need two points and have one show left where I’ll be jumping and with my luck ill get sixth, so…its a stretch. But hey, set your goals high and reach higher right?
- Qualify for Zone Finals. – This one probably isn’t very realistic either, but I can dream. This is something I really want and have been working toward. Regionals is on the 28th and the top two in each class go on to Zones, so it is fast approaching.
“Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.” – Unknown.