Keep working on those “expressive” lead changes without overdoing it. – They keep getting better and better. Add more no-stirrup work to my riding.– Thank you Regional prep.
- Work those poles! – Honestly, I did NO pole work this month. None. And I have no excuses.
- Get out of my comfort zone and let go. – I tried…does that count?
- Qualify for Regional Finals over fences. – I said I had one show and I would get sixth? I had one show and I didn’t even place. *insert thumbs up emoji here* Honestly though, I am not too upset about this. Jumping random horses has never been my specialty so the fact that I got so close to Open Fences is good enough for me.
- Qualify for Zone Finals. – This one didn’t happen either. I can explain the whole thing or I can just say that I was satisfied with my ride, but not elated. It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t good enough. BUT, our team did have a ride place first in her class and qualify for Zones so I can live vicariously through her kick-ass riding.
- Add more no-stirrup work to my riding. – Because there is never enough.
- Get out of my comfort zone and let go. – The “grab for my life” thing has come back and the ponies definitely don’t like it. Two steps forward, one step back.
- Full body clip – Because Ax is currently the hairiest meatball I have ever seen. And the giant heart on his butt needs to go.
- Pull his mane – I told you he was hairy…
“Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.” – Unknown.