…Even though it’s now September.
As school starts back up and my busy life gets even busier, finding time to write-up a blog post can be hard. Luckily, I was browsing some of my favorite blogs and found August’s 10 Questions on Viva Carlos. It may not be August anymore, but is that really going to stop me? The answer is no.
1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof?
- Ax isn’t exactly bombproof, but he isn’t really spooky either. He is usually unfazed about everything but every now and then he likes to keep me on my toes and spook at random things. Like the horse that lives in the paddock outside the indoor arena doors EVERY DAY and he sees EVERY TIME we ride inside. But who knows, maybe he sees dead people.
2. Does your horse have a long or short stride?
- Long. And holy-moley bouncy!
3. Describe your current barn in 3 words?
- New England classic.
4. If you could switch barns, would you?
- This is a tough one considering Ax and I are constantly on the move. I think my answer would be no. I love my barn at home, my barn at school, and my barn on the island.
5. Favorite brand of breeches?
- This one is easy. TAILORED SPORTSMAN!
6. How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain).
- If I was home I would count them all, but since I am at college I have absolutely no idea. Lets guess upwards of 90?
7. How many saddle pads do you own?
- Oh boy, another tough one. Too many. I have tons a home, so I will go with what is in my tack trunk at college right now. Four baby pads, five saddle pads, and two half pads.
8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen?
- Of course! He’s just so cute.
9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting)
- For me, this is more of a “facility permitting” type thing. When there are trails to ride Ax and I spend our lazy days and cool outs on the trails. My barn at home has trails, but most of them are uncleared or blocked. My barn at college has some trails, but there is a huge state park down the road with tons of trails and fields to school in. (Hill work for days!) So long-story-short, yes.
10. Favorite horsey movie?
- Hidalgo. Without a doubt. I have watched this movie for days in a row and it never gets old.