Shout out to Viva Carlos for yet another filler of monthly questions.
- What size horse do you prefer to ride?
- I am sort of tallish (5’6″) so I prefer the taller ones that are between 16-17 hands. Though I do love a good pony every now and then, especially my 14.3 Angel pony.
- Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots?
- I used to school in Ariat paddock boots and paddock boots but once they busted out the side I found a cheap pair used of Tredstep Donatello tall boots at a tent sale and have been converted to a 24/7 tall boot wearer.
- What do you do with your ribbons after shows?
- I write the show name, class name, date, placing out of how many in the class, and the horse I rode on the back and then they get hung up on my wall. The weird thing that throws everyone off is that I hang them up in order of placing and grouped by each horse show, so all of my first places aren’t hung together, but all of that one show is hung together. I know its odd, but it satisfies my strange OCD.
- Do you ride/board at a large show barn or a small private barn?
- I board at three different barns throughout the year and I would say that they are all small show barns. My barn at home is small and private, but the students in their lesson program show together. My school barn is a medium-sized show barn in the sense of our competitive IHSA team through the college, but boarders don’t show under the barn or a specific trainer. My barn on-island is a larger barn, but is mostly for boarding and lessons, not so much showing.
- Have you ever seen a horse give birth?
- Yes! And it was the most amazing thing to watch.
- What is your favorite breed?
- I don’t think I have a specific favorite breed. There are breeds that I like and other breeds that I am not so much of a fan of, but I wouldn’t discriminate a horse because I do or don’t like its breed.
- Favorite tack brand?
- Again, I don’t think I have a favorite. I love my Pessoa bridle, but I love Delagrange saddles, and so on.
- Would you ever buy used tack?
- How do you think I have nice things? I am constantly on the hunt for used horsey things, it is the only way I could afford half of the stuff I have.
- Ever been on a carriage ride?
- How often do you go to the tack store?
- Too often, but not enough. I usually only go when I need something that I can’t order online of if I am going to a sale.
2 thoughts on “10 Questions of December”
That is odd but I can understand why you would want to hang them that way!
LikeLiked by 1 person
lol i agree on the used thing – it certainly allows me to have much nicer things than i’d have otherwise!