I love these kind of posts because I get to answer random questions on things that no one thinks to ask. Another ten questions thanks to Viva Carlos! And another post that I am doing in the wrong month, oh well.
- Is there something you don’t like about your riding?
- Ugh, where do I start? On the flat, I have the tendency to tip my upper body too far forward and over-post Ax’s über-lofty warmblood trot. Over fences is probably where I need the most work. When I get nervous I jump with my shoulders instead of waiting for the fence and I like to take the long spots or hold right to the base, no in-between.
- Does your horse buck?
- Yes, but never to be naughty. It’s usually only after a fence, during a flying change, and every now and then if he is being playful. He will buck definitely when I free-lunge or let him loose in the ring. There is plenty of sassy bucking pony in him.
- Is your horse head shy?
- No, thank goodness.
- Favorite barn chore to do?
- Making up grain. I feel like a good mommy making dinner for my horsey children.
- How many times do you ride a week?
- I aim for five times a week, but realistically I only ride three, maybe four, times a week. Whenever I don’t get to ride, I try to at least groom or lunge.
- Who is your favorite pro rider?
- I’m not sure that I have an absolute favorite. I love Beezie because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t?
- If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be?
- Anyone. I volunteer as tribute to anyone! Someone who can make my irrational fear of “big jumps” disappear.
- Favorite Facial Marking?
- While I have never had a horse with one, I think a blaze on a big bay is handsome. Though, I do love Ax’s half-blaze, crooked-stripe, one-nostril-snip combination.
- Leg Markings or No Leg Markings?
- Yes, but they have to be in pairs, so two hinds, two fronts, all four, or none at all. My inner OCD needs things to be symmetrical.
- Ever broken anything falling off?
- Knock on wood, not yet. *literally knocks on nearest wood object* But I have had some undiagnosed damage to my tail bone.
Read last month’s questions and answers here.
3 thoughts on “10 Questions of September”
Interesting about the leg markings!! Not matching doesn’t bother me that much, but I do like there to be 2, one just feels lonely!
if you ever find that pro who can disappear the ‘big jump’ fear please let me know!!! lol
Yes! Clinic please!