Beka from The Owl Approves is hosting an 18 week blog hop, one for every week until her horse’s 18th birthday! I have made it my mission to participate in all 18 hops, so bring it on.
Week four asks “Let’s talk about your horse’s biggest fail. What did Thunderhooves do that embarrassed you, scared you, shocked you or just annoyed the hell out of you?”
This topic made me laugh because I didn’t have to think very hard about what Ax has done to be a goofball. He usual does a few small things that annoy me as opposed to one thing he does consistently. Lucky me. Therefore, I have complied a list.
- He hangs his wing-ding out constantly. I mean CONSTANTLY. And not just letting it slip out and then go back inside, he lets its flow in the breeze and swing all around. To the point where people ask me if he has to go to the bathroom and think I am a bad mommy and won’t let him go. The answer is always “no, he just likes to flail it around for everyone to see.”
- He is always looking for treats. This is probably my fault since I am the cookie-bearer, but when you cant get out the stall door because your horse is searching your pockets, it gets really annoying rather than cute.
- He has to shake out his hay flakes so it ends up all over his stall like he is living in a giant pony salad.
- He LOVES to grab your zipper pull and drag you around by it.
- When you go to pull down your stirrups and tighten your girth, he likes to slowly turn his butt in a circle away from you. So you don’t really have to chase him, but it takes longer than necessary.
- Long spots are not an option unless it is the third Wednesday of the month at exactly 2:07.18 and the temperature is 47 degrees. We either find a nice distance, jump from the base, or slam on the brakes.
- Some days impulsion is our middle name. Some days it is not even considered to be in the English language.
Read the previous weeks:
Check out the other blog hoppers here: