Is there a “Hoarders: Grooming Bag Edition”? Because I need to be on it. My bag of brushes is a never-ending pit of random horsey things. The grooming bag I have is the Ariat Mini Tote in pink. I tried to keep the bag small so less things could be thrown in but I have manage to stuff it to the max.
In the main large pocket I have:
- A (dirty) towel – For wiping Ax’s nose boogies and such.
- An old Mrs. Conn’s Bath Day Pony Pod sponge – Perfect for sponging off Ax’s face after riding.
- Rubber curry comb
- Two hard brushes
- Soft brush
- Super stiff brush – Reserved for mud and caked on dirt.
- Manna Pro peppermint treats and Cavalor Sweeties treats
- The Herbal Horse Shine Bright – The best organic coat conditioner.
In the larger side pocket I keep some miscellaneous things:
- Smartpak Hoof Pick
- Vetrolin Liniment Gel – One of my favorite liniment gels.
- Corona Ointment
- Sensitive Skin Sunscreen – For Ax’s pink muzzle.
- Paul Mitchell Oatmeal Conditioning Spray – I love this so much I broke the sprayer. Plus it smells amazing.
- Cavalor Star Shine sample
- Banixx Wound Care
- A pulling comb
- Silly Sounds Pony Poms – Ax has tiny pony ears.
- A braiding comb
- Manely Long Hair detangler sample
- The Herbal Horse Heal Quick
- Derma Gel
- Hemorrhoid Ointment – Before you judge me, this stuff grows hair back over healed cuts like no other. Trust me. Try it.
- Absorbine Liniment Gel sample – My other favorite liniment and its in a super cute tiny bottle.
- Biogroom Quick Clean dry shampoo (review here)
- Boar Bristle Brush
- Wide tooth comb
What are some of your grooming bag essentials?